Public prealpha build 0.87.47
It's time for another public build! I had hoped to include the new scripted tutorial intro sequence I've been working on, but it's turned out to to be more complex than I expected, and will take a little longer until it's ready. In the meantime, here's a few other recent improvements.
- New quest system! The entire quest system has been overhauled from the ground up to include support for more varied branching quests, a vastly-improved quest journal to keep track of what you're up to, and more. All quests from 0.87.46 have been updated to the new system.
- Keyboard layouts! While the game has always supported rebinding keys, it'll now ask the user for their preferred keyboard layout when loading the game for the first time, and set sensible defaults for the chosen layout. The options supported so far are: AZERTY, Colemak, Dvorak, Norman, QFMLWY, QGMLWB, QGMLWY, QPYCB, QWDFGY, QWERTY, QWERTZ, QWPR, and Workman.
- New saved-game versioning system! The game will now better recognize saved-game versions from older or newer versions of the game, and will react in a more helpful way when attempting to load an incompatible save.
Balance & gameplay tweaks:
- NPC spawning in the wilderness has been rebalanced, and nights are now more hazardous. Due to being in the middle of a shake-up, the NPC wilderness spawns may seem a little sparse for now -- they'll be fixed and back to how they should be by the time quests are added for the widerness areas.
Bug fixes & optimization:
- Some improvements to the way the conversation system works internally, which should help reduce saved-game file sizes.
Please let me know if you find any problems with the new quest system! And yes, handing the missing pocket-watch in to the wrong person is supposed to cause the quest to fail.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.